Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Ewwwww, that's disgusting BREAD!

Beware of your bread! As you might ends up like this guy...

A man was left agitated after he found a dead mouse in his loaf of bread when he was about to make his children some sandwiches.


Stephen Forse, father-of-two, thought that the bread just had a little bit of discolouring but when he looked to inspect the weird colour he saw that the object was Infact a dead mouse.

Mr Forse said yesterday: "I noticed a dark coloured object embedded in the corner of three or four slices.

"Initially I thought it was where the dough had not mixed properly prior to baking. As I looked closer I saw that the object had fur on it. Mr Forse continued to prepare some sandwiches for his children from another loaf of bread, checking each slice carefully.

He said: "I still felt quite shaken. As I was feeling ill I couldn't face eating anything myself."


When the environmental health officers visited the home to collect evidence they not only found that it was a dead mouse, but they also found that the tail was missing.

Mr Forse said: "Her comments made me feel ill once again as there was no indication as to where the tail was.

"Had it fallen off prior to the bread being wrapped or had any of my family eaten it with another slice of bread on a previous day?"


During court, Premier Foods were forced to pay £16,821 on Friday; they pleaded guilty to the coincidence and ensured that all stages of food production were protected against any contamination and failing to maintain a robust pest management system.

Cherwell District Council technical officer Aileen Smith said: "Mice harbour disease, particularly salmonella which can result in severe diarrhoea, vomiting, fever and can be fatal to children, the elderly or those with a compromised immune system."

A Premier Foods spokesman said: "We apologise profusely for the distress caused as a result of this isolated incident."

If it were me, I swear I'll never eat any bread loaf again. A lil' buddy called mouse in my bread?? NO NO!

No comments:

Post a Comment