Search This Blog

Saturday, August 21, 2010

A girl could lose her left eye because of an infection caused by dog poo when playing at a playground!

Amiee Langdon, who will turn two years old next week, was playing in Platt Fields Park, Fallowfield, Greater Manchester. The toddler put her hand in dog poo when she fell over. Before her mother could react, Amiee wiped her left eye with the same hand. Her mother, Suzanne Langdon rushed her daughter home so that she could clean the eye with warm water. Sadly, this was not enough as Amiee had contracted toxocariasis, which is caused by parasitic worms in dog mess. As a result, her eye swelled up and turned purple.

Amiee was taken to hospital where she was put on antibiotics. But if the antibiotics do not work, she will need surgery to remove the eye to prevent the infection from spreading to her brain, as this can be fatal. Poor Amiee

Paul Andrews, of neighbourhood services at Manchester City Council, said, "I hope this extremely upsetting incident makes irresponsible dog owners understand the very real consequences of failing to pick up after their dogs. We are thinking about this little girl and her family and we hope she makes a speedy recovery."



Moral : Get a close supervision with your children whenever and wherever they are and for pet owners, pls be responsible -don't let your pets outta street. It might be caused by stray pets(dogs) but still the owners have to be responsible.

No comments:

Post a Comment